Friday, November 22, 2013

 

SOME THINGS FOR THE WEEK END + STICKY PAWS AND HAIR BALLS vs. KITTY KISSES AND FUZZY HUGS...

A sticky paw to John Boehner. After being approached by two thirteen year old girls at his favorite breakfast place to politely ask him why he won't let a vote for immigration reform come to the
floor of the house... he lied to them and the American people stating that he was working on it and wanted to get to it as soon as possible.
Now groups have formed in front of his home, awaiting an explanation.
Awkward! Come on John, if you have nothing to feel ashamed of, it shouldn't be hard to talk to the people...

A Big hairball to Walmart for not paying their employees wages that are enough to live on and then setting up donation bins for said employee's for Thanksgiving. Here's a thought, maybe you could just pay them a livable wage.

A Fuzzy hug to Harry Reid for finally doing something about the filibuster. Maybe you guys can get some stuff done now.

And on this the fiftieth anniversary of the Kennedy assassination...this is what my human remembers:

It was a large converted closet that had assumed the position of pantry for the purposes of our home economics class. But that morning it became a confessional for my teacher as she visibly struggled
to contain her composure in front of the student who had walked in unexpectedly. Things were very different then, There was no internet, no 24 hour cable news, no tweeting or texting and no cell phones. A party line wasn't a reference to politics, it meant more than one house hold shared a phone line and almost everyone still had black and white television sets. So seeing my teacher there in the pantry, hands smashed into her face wet with tears was stunning and scary. There were several moments of awkward silence but then she looked at me with eyes so haunted I can still see them in my mind after all these years. She spoke in a voice so small I thought I had imagined it. " They shot the President" she said then she turned and walked out into the class room and I stood there... waiting.

Where were you?


And on a lighter note. An old Texas proverb as relayed on an episode of The Big Bang Theory:
"Just cause a cat has kittens in the oven, don't make 'em biscuits"

Have a great weekend!

Noodle and crew


                                             

2 comments:

  1. The peeps refuse to shop in Walmart for that very reason. Now Cosco is a great company. Their owner "gets" it.

    TW was in school when JFK was shot. I guess since it was lunch time, they called everyone into the halls to make the announcement. TW remembers teachers crying, especially one who everyone thought was really mean. JFK was Pop's idol. He even acquired his New England accent. We'll remember that and 9/11 always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that quote from Big Bang and love it, but I remember the day JFK was killed more vividly. I was 14 years old and a freshman in high school in California. I was in Study Hall where I sat at a table right by the door. A senior, Guy Marks, came in from the Dean's office, and before he went to the front of the room to tell the teacher, Mrs. Legg, what had happened, he leaned over and whispered it to me and the girl sitting next to me. To this day I get goose bumps whenever it is mentioned or I even think about it. Wish I could remember the good things as well as I remember that. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete